Thursday 14 April 2011

A Rough Patch

So, I apologise for not writing for awhile. I am exhausted. I am going through a little bit of a hard time in France. Culture shock has seemed to hit me extremely late in the game. I think France is just wearing me out. I'll be honest here...I am super homesick.

Lately I have withdrawn into my room, and stopped doing anything social. I just don't have the energy or the drive. It is like some apathetic zombie. I know that this is just the situation I am in currently, living on a noisy hall in a 9x9 meter square room, and I will cheer up when I get back to the US. It has been almost 9 months in this country. Anyone who has lived abroad will tell you that life is difficult. An unknown culture and unknown language....its really hard!

Anyway, I am headed to Spain for my holidays. I hope that this time away from Amiens will help me recharge my batteries, and enjoy the rest of my time in France!

No comments:

Post a Comment