Monday 25 April 2011

Las Aventuras en España

So currently, I am in Alicante, Spain. I decided to take this holiday to clear my head and recharge my batteries. I needed some of the 'three s's'....Sun, Sand, and Surf. The last few days I have been sight-seeing, basking in the sun, and generally enjoying my time here.
It is a little bit difficult travelling alone, but I have managed. The downsides generally are eating alone at restaurants, and having to take only 'myspace' photos of yourself because you do not have a friend to take them for you. However, there are a lot of reasons I have enjoyed travelling alone as well. For instance, I can decide what I want to do everyday, (which generally is lay out on the beach and read...)and I really feel a sense of accomplishment in that I came to a completely new country by myself, and managed.
My Spanish is...well...basic. I have taken two years at university, but of course it is difficult because it is not my main focus. Still, I have gotten on surprisingly well. The odd thing is that I have a hankering to speak French, because for me it is easier! Maybe this will make it easier to go back to France on Wednesday.
I came to Spain at the perfect time. Last week was 'Semana Santa' or Holy Week. I was able to see the 'pasos' or giant floats depicting saints and Jesus's life. Spain is incredibly rich in culture, and I am happy to have had the opportunity to witness a part of it.
I have two more months in France coming up, and I feel confident that I can do it! I hopefully travel a bit more now that classes are finishing up. I am starting to look forward to these few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment